Translate

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Video] Arsenio Hall Responds To Kanye West


Arsenio Hall Responds to Kanye West's Breakfast Club Interview 1 Arsenio Hall Responds to Kanye West's Breakfast Club Interview 2


Kanye West may want to keep Arsenio Hall’s name, and the word “slaves” out of his mouth if he doesn’t want to piss the late night show host off.
Just a few weeks ago, during a sit-down with  Power 105.1′s The Breakfast Club, Kanye was ranting about trying to bust down doors in the fashion world, when he threw the Arsenio’s name in the pot as an example of someone who was fired from their job for speaking out.  He told Charlamagne:
I can use my voice but what happens if y’all don’t buy anymore albums? People will say he was like Arsenio Hall and he’s turning up too much so now you are fired, but when you got money, can’t nobody fire you.
Arsenio Hall’s feathers were definitely ruffled.  He told a group of journalists at the recent Grammy nominations concert that Kanye was misinformed and is pulling the race card.



“Like usual, Kanye’s premise confuses the facts so therefore everything else has to be thrown out. At the end of the day, he’s a musician and I’m a comedian. We’re not doctors. Nobody works for Johns Hopkins. You know what I mean? We’re not educators. I think we take ourselves a little too serious. But that’s something that will straighten itself out with maturity, because the bottom line is this, *mocks Kanye* ‘They gon’ do me like they did!…’ Yo man. Stop making me like I’m Nat Turner or something.
I know what you heard in the barber shop, [but] I just left my show. The white man didn’t do nothing this time, bruh. Save that for when the white man do do something. Don’t muddy the waters of racism with my bulls–t because it was not racism. It was not a plot. I just left my show. I left six months before the s–t you talkin’ about. So the bottom line is, I don’t like to be put in those conversations because there’s no struggle here. My struggle was in the ghetto of Cleveland. There’s no struggle now. And nothing about anything I do or he does.
While he was already at it, Arsenio also referenced Kanye’s “New Slaves” single by saying no one in pop culture should have the nerve to use the word “slave” in a song without taking real life history into consideration.
“I hate the word slave used in songs. Get the f–k outta here. Do you know what that word is? Do you know what that word’s all about? Nobody can use slave in pop culture. If you in the music business, you shouldn’t f–k with that word. Too serious an era. Too serious a problem in America. Using the word slave in pop culture — there’s no one that is free to move around this country that should use the word ‘slave.’ Do you know what it meant to slaves?”
It looks as though Arsenio’s got the answers!
Catch the video below courtesy of Hip Hollywood

No comments:

Post a Comment