Translate

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Young couple get married after meeting on Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski's Facebook page

Two football fans who liked his Facebook page have - in the words of pop star Rihanna - found love in the hardest place.

View gallery
.
'They found love in the hardest place'

Lukas Podolski joined Serie A giants Inter on loan from Arsenal in the January transfer window to get more matches - and it appears he's now become match maker for a young couple abroad.

The German World Cup winning striker has found goals and games hard to come by this season but two football fans who liked his Facebook page have - in the words of pop star Rihanna - found love in the hardest place.
Fernanda Santana Sontos and Simon Hinsel are engaged after meeting eachother on Podolski's Facebook page.
"I was on Facebook when I saw your page & liked it very much. I read one post where you said something in Portuguese, it was funny so I decided to comment.", said Sontos.
"A German man saw my picture and added me. I didn’t know him but decided to accept so I could find out and it all started.
"Now Simon and I are engaged and are getting married this year! I am the happiest person in the world so thank you Lukas Podolski because maybe if you didn’t post that message I would never have met the man of my life!"
Podolski himself seemed rather pleased at playing Cupid - most likely due to the fact he has hardly played at all this season - and revealed his happiness for the couple through another social media platform, Instagram.
"I’m glad for being the Cupid of this beautiful relationship,’ he replied. ‘I wish you two lots happiness, joy and longevity. Enjoy your love for the rest of your lives."
That's 21st century love for you, folks!
View gallery
.
Podolski
Podolski

No comments:

Post a Comment